I'd like to extend a warm welcome to all visitors. I'm Patrick Earl and since this is my site, as you might expect, it contains things related to me. It hasn't been updated in a long while, so don't expect anything spectacular.
I write music in my spare time. Since I don't have a lot of spare time, most of my songs are rather unpolished, but you might have fun listening to them anyways. The volume level is not normalized so the first two songs are too quiet.
- More Than Me (Recorded July 6, 2008)
- A bit repetitive itself, this is the backing track for a better song called More Than Me created by the Profile band. At the moment I don't have a recording of the full song.
- Monoctopus (Recorded July 6, 2008)
- This one will sound best if you have a subwoofer or other sufficiently bassy speakers. Originally created for a coffee house a few years ago, the entirety of this song is played live with the assistance of layered sounds and an arpegiator. If it weren't for modern technology, it would take a skilled octopus to duplicate the sound of this song. Aside from the poor timing, there's a major mistake in the song near the end. Can you hear it?
- This is a short, yet funky, tune with a Shamisen layered on top of various bass and pad tones. (There's a bit of distortion in the recording, but if you don't listen for it, you might not hear it.)
- PIC Programming
- Programming PICs for the first time under Linux can be a challenge. If you're like me, maybe this information will help get you on the right track.
- Software Projects
- A couple small software projects I made available publicly ages ago.
On a very cold day this winter, a rabbit visited our yard. I took a few pictures of him and wrote a few of my thoughts here.
You're welcome to contact me if you have any comments or questions.
Return to Home Page